An uncroped image by 400mm
    with +0.3 exposure & AV 6.3
    at ISO-500 & TV 1/8000 really cant say much about the setting
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice view. Where did you click this? Looking at the dust spots appearing large in the screen, I was under the impression that this is a cropped image. Normally dust spots are visible when you use a narrow aperture. However you have used f6.3 and those dust spots are really massive. One can remove dust spots while post processing in lightroom or which ever software you are using. However one needs to be careful as the texture can get lost.

Were you clicking in Av, TV or manual mode?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was taken whil our way back from Manali to Kalka. This was taken in AV mode. This is the only landscape image where in I used Av 6.3 all other landscapes captured with narrow apperture has huge dust spots, that I am even afraid to post here... I have to clean my camera sensor for sure. I use lightroom as PP tool & never use spot removal tool for any beautification of original image.

Let me check again, for the crop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sensor Dust spotting is the only thing that is allowed and not considered unethical. I believe that since the dust was infront of the sensor its removal doesn't constitute "removal of elements" from the image as this dust was not infront of the lens. Anything which was infront of the lens and gets captured in the image is part of the image and shouldn't be removed.

Unfortunately there are some other people (not you) who do a lot of cloning and don't tell us thinking that people won't know. However, anyone with a little bit of processing knowledge and who examines the image seriously will definitely know that someone has cheated. When people resort to cloning it actually stops them from developing their craft.

To stop dust spots appearing in the sensor, one needs to be careful while changing lenses. Always stop the camera and then change lenses. It is better to point down the camera when changing lenses. Despite all precautions at times dust spots appear. My Canon Cinema C300 camera for filming had two dust spots and I had to sent it to Canon to get it cleaned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful view of the peak through the clouds. It is just a split of a second when the clouds move and the peak is visible and we need to capture that moment . I think a rectangular framing than the present square framing would enhance the image further. Look forward to more landscapes from HP. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information