Thread: Ranthambore Diary June-14

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ranthambore Diary June-14

Head on with the beast.

Dollar male for RTR.
    The most surprising element of Dollar is that he is also being protecting and accompanying the female cubs as potential mates.

T25 the male tiger is also famous as the dollar because of presence of dollar shape on his right flank stripe, this tiger does not like human presence at all and found chasing the vehicles coming into the reserve, and present himself as a king in front of the visitors, being a arrogant male tiger T25 amazed everyone last year by taking care of two orphaned female cubs who were orphaned last February 2011 when their mother T-5 died due to intestinal illness,T25 not only protected these cubs but also played their mother roles later these female cubs has given names as Bina-1 and Bina-2 and were shifted to Sariska.

Canon 7D , Canon 300mm f/4.0L IS USM , TV - 1/1000 , AV - f/4.0 , ISO - 1600.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This tiger is in good health. One can imagine the enormous power in those front paws. It would have been great if you had some more space at the top. I used to shoot with this 300mm f4 IS lens and one needs to be quick in visualising the composition else the body parts get cut off. I found that after using this lens, one is forced to keep on improvising within the constraints and ultimately become better. Were you moving ahead of this tiger? Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx for your comments Patra sahib,
    I simply love this 300mm f/4.0 , loved it's results.
    Yes we were moving ahead of tiger and as you rightly said that one has to be careful while using this lens that body part should not get cut , so I did but tiger was very close and keeping it in my mind I managed to get the shot by slight tilting. This is a full frame shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good you could just manage to get the tip of the tail in the frame. I liked the stare. He looks quite ferocious, but we can see that he has a nicer side to him, which he showed by taking care of the two female cubs. Don't know why we say people are behaving like animals, when in fact we can see that animals behave much better than us . Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information