ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Srisailam Shekru – NSTR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Srisailam Shekru – NSTR

Nikon P510, 1/100, f/5, 125 mm, ISO-720, 20% crop for better presentation only.
    Clicked in NSTR on 26-July-14. My first shot of Giant squirrel from NSTR, it was my fourth sighting there in 3 years.
    My wife located it, it was sticking to the trunk of the tree near its base upside down looking for something on the damp forest floor, by the time I reversed and stopped, it ran up and crouched among the branches, I came out, walked into woods to get a clear view and started shooting, it remained frozen in its place, trying to locate me, the source of nuisance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards;
    Subhash Shrivastava;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good that you could click this species in NSTR. Wish there were some more leaf cover in the canopy near its head. It is tough to get more contrast when the light is directly behind the subject. The shape of the thick branch is interesting. May be slightly more space at the left would have strengthened the image. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice pose. typical way in which they try to avoid detection. Good to see this from NSTR.
    TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. The long bushy tail looks nice. Well framed by branches from all the sides. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. It looks like Ratufa indica centralis, possibly posted for the first time in our forum. Nice eye contact.The composition I like very much. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Vivek Menon in his book says "Ratufa indica centralis has red ear tufts instead of maroon, this colour continuing through the back, sides and hind legs. it has black on the forelimbs and shoulders, and the tail is also black with a pale tip". Distribution of R.i.centralis is from eastern and central India (Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha and Andhra Pradesh).

There was one image from Kuldiha, Odisha which I think is also Ratufa indica centralis. Let me search. http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/sho...uirrel+kuldiha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

I have the same feeling like Shri Sabyasachi that Bibhav Bhai's photograph from Kuldiha, Odisha was also that of R.i.centralis. Many thanks, Shri Sabyasachi.SaktiWild

Thread Information