ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Green Billed Malkoa-Corbett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Green Billed Malkoa-Corbett

I watched this fascinating bird for a long time hoping it would come closer within the reach of my lens.Unfortunately it was busy collecting twigs most probably for nesting purpose and therefore restricted itself within the very shady confines of this tree.Canon 60D+100-400 ISO1250 F/7.1 1/500s .The best I could manage under the circumstances.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rahara, Uttarpara, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful capture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice behavior captured. The bird is backlit, so exposing can be difficult. You could have given a slight +ve exposure and checked as you had some time to play with the settings. Its good you got it in clear and the tail is fully visible. You could have moved the camera just a bit more to the left, to avoid the bright light on the leaves on the right top. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

nice sighting and record shyamala. not easy to get clean shots of this bird as it spends most of its time inside foliage. infact a good image depicting behaviour of this bird as this is better than a so called clean images which might look good but does not show the sulky behaviour of this bird and the way one is most likely to see it on the field. depicting habitat and behaviour is key to making good wildlife images.

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good behaviour captured. It is great that you could click this. Most of the times this bird vanishes into the undergrowth. How much I wish that a streak of light had fallen on its eye. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

hi shyamala, for me it looks like that any closer shot may not have captured the whole bird with such a long tail and in this pose. any idea whether this bird is found in the deccan part also? thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Subhash , the Large Green Billed Malkhoha with the red eye is found mainly in the north and north-east and the eastern Ghats.There is also the Small Green billed Malkoha which has a blue eye patch and is found in peninsular India--Gujarat,Maharashtra,Orissa upto the Kanyakumari.They are poor fliers and rarely seen as they sulk in shady trees.Their habits resemble those of the Coucal.

Thread Information