ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Palm Squirells Mating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Palm Squirells Mating

These Palm Squirells were mating.I observed them for almost 15 to 20 minutes and I observed for the first time that they Stick together for some time for the mating to culminate. Exactly like the members of the Canidae Family. I had not seen this phenomenon in Rodents. Perhaps the intimate moments were not totally observed without disturbing them. The conditions were very favourable for me to-day to observe their total mating rituals and the " Sticking Together " or Tie as called by Behavior study section, happened for about 10 minutes. The female literally tried to wiggle herself loose but could not and both were pulling each other and rolling over one another until they came loose. After this the males behavior was exactly like that of a Canidae species. The Genitals were enormously enlarged with the swollen " Bulbus Grandis ", whish is the reason why Canids stick-together for some time, and the male was furiously licking his genitals to come back to normal, exactly like the Canid behavior.
    I wanted to share these observatins with the other members who might be interested in Squirell mating behavior.
    Has anybody observed Squirells or any other Scuiridae Family member with this kind of mating behavior.Please Share.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice natural history moment captured. The eye contact and the light makes the image interesting. Thanks for sharing such detailed information about this behavior.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Thread Information