PDA

View Full Version : House Sparrow- Endengered in India

Prasad Dingankar
19-06-2012, 10:03 AM
This common Bird I have seen almost gone from most parts, on the contrary well adopted to urban situations. More over in the areas where large constructions are going on. At the same time due to project completion during their peak breeding season the habitats they have adopted, like pipes of temporary structures, Barracks etc. getting demolished. Causing problems to their growth.
This was taken at my work site at Hazira. where stopping the falling of habitait is quite an impossible task.

500D with 400mm f/5.6
TV 1/2500
AV 5.6
ISO 800 ( Cloudy conditions made me boost it even in the morning)
+0.7 compensation
Object distance- 6.5 meter

Mrudul Godbole
19-06-2012, 11:04 AM
You have nicely documented the problems of these once common birds. Thinking if a vertical composition would have better. Did you try a vertical framing? Thanks for sharing.

Prasad Dingankar
19-06-2012, 12:29 PM
You have nicely documented the problems of these once common birds. Thinking if a vertical composition would have better. Did you try a vertical framing? Thanks for sharing.

Here it goes...

Sabyasachi Patra
19-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Good to see an image of a common sparrow which has become uncommon these days. With mordern constructions, they have no place to create their perch. Also whatever space is there is being occupied by pigeons.

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Nice to see a House Sparrow.You have been candid in highlighting the ecological problems through images. Mobile towers and high rise buildings .........Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild