PDA

View Full Version : Beauty at its peak

GSR Reddy
21-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Canon 50D
lens 28-300 IS USM
This picture was shot in Kabini early morning when the Peacock was trying to impress the Peahen. What a Nature's wonder, it was a treat to the eyes.

Mrudul Godbole
21-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi,

Thats a lovely picture. I felt it needed a bit more of contrast and sharpness, to bring out the details further. Let me know what you think..

AB Apana
22-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Agree with Mrudul. The re-worked image does make the peacock stand out.

Apana

Murugan Anantharaman
22-05-2009, 10:15 AM
me too...agree with mrudul....its a lovely image...peacocks are always a treat to watch..vibrant and active!!!

GSR Reddy
22-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi,

Thats a lovely picture. I felt it needed a bit more of contrast and sharpness, to bring out the details further. Let me know what you think..

Thanks Mrudul, i agree it needs contrast and Sharpness, this shot i took thinking in a hurry thinking it would close its feathers, but to my luck it started walking towards the jeep and i took some more shots closeup with full crop and i think those pictures look better which i will post later.

GSR Reddy
23-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Thank u all very much for critics. However, my request is that while criticising please be more specific about what parameters to be applied to take a better picture like ISO, apeture, composing, sharpness etc so that we can learn and correct our mistakes while taking pictures next time. I also feel that it will a learning process. All of us can get the details on the picture and appreciate or give suggession to make it a better picture.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I think no body talked about EXIF details as they were not included. I found these exif details: ISO 1600, f9, 1/320 sec. I used a firefox browser to read the exif details. To know more about it please visit the tips section.

The f9 aperture has given good depth of field. It is difficult to focus on the eyes and get its plummage in focus. So a narrow aperture like f9 is better. It is good that you got the feet and the whole body clearly. Most of the times we find them displaying near a distracting bush or being partially hidden by grass.

This image needs a bit more sharpness. Were you handholding? It is better to use a support like a monopod, bean bag etc how ever steady a person is. The details come out better when there is more sharpness.

Normally, I won't use ISO 1600. However, I find that the 50D has acceptable level of noise and if you do some noise reduction during post processing then ISO 1600 can be used.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

GSR Reddy
24-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Thank u very much for your comments and suggestions. I shot the picture handholding and with my kids around it was quite disturbing. I will try to use monopod or bean bag next time. I am posting leapord picture taken after i shot the peocock, i will be happy by ur critic from which i can learn better.