PDA

View Full Version : the leopard Cub

Vijayashankara Nanjegowda
22-06-2012, 04:41 PM
This was taken in Bandipur forest, Karnataka
this was my first sighting of a Cat in wilderness, naturally i was excited and still that excitement lingers on

Camera Cannon powershot SX 200 IS
Focal length 60
F number 5.3
Exposure time 1/50

Mrudul Godbole
22-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Lovely sighting. I liked the way it is resting its paw on the branch. Good eye contact. Is this full frame? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Very nice sighting. You have uploaded a large file without resizing it. The photos need to be resized to less than 1024 pixels on the longest side and a total of less than 300 kb. Else, the software resizes the image and the quality gets lost.

You should turn off the date and time stamp. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

22-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Lovely sighting. I liked the way it is resting its paw on the branch. Good eye contact. Is this full frame? Thanks for sharing.

yes it is full frame,

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Nice sighting.Relaxed nice pose.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
24-06-2012, 07:53 AM
You were really close to the leopard. Lucky you. Not many people get that close to a leopard. Agree with the previous comments.Also like the faint light falling on its head, nice eye contact. Thanks for sharing.

24-06-2012, 06:58 PM
yes murugan, we were on the road in the jeep, he had just come on to the roadside tree probably for rest, we disturbed him, i was able to take 3 shots, for the fourth shot he just disappeared very fast in to jungle.
later when we visited Bhadra reserve forest 6 months later, had another close encounter with leopard for about 20 minutes, first he was spotted in front of the jeep on the road, walked along the side of the jeep, went on to the side rested on small rock, came on to the road, rested on the road, got up and went to the other side staring in to the jungle. our guide said enough an d we moved on. i was able capture the whole sequence. next day we heard that a boy in the village nearby was mauled by a leopard, 2 days later we read a leopard was shot dead by forest official because there was huge cry from the villagers. we presume it is the same one we sighted and cold shivers went up our chilling our spines, may we had an escape!!!