23-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Camera Model Canon EOS 60D
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1000
Av( Aperture Value ) 6.3
ISO Speed 800
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III

Mrudul Godbole
24-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Nice flight pose. Good eye contact. There is some noise in the image. Is this a crop? You can include some more space all around. Good you used a higher ISO, so you got a high shutter speed freeze the movement. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
24-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Nice pose .Agree with mrudul on the noise.the kinked neck in flight which is typical of the larger herons has come out well.

TFS
Roopak

Suranjan Mukherjee
25-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Nice image. But at ISO 800 most of the cameras produce visible noise, on the other hand most of the times we have to raise ISO levels to get the desired shutter speeds to freeze an action or to make steady the handheld shots in relatively low light. Not everyone of us able to buy the best bodies like EOS 1D, 5D mIII or D4, D3. So how can we get rid from the noise ??

Sabyasachi Patra
26-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Hymakar,
Your best till date. I am sure your will become much better with time.

Suranjan,
It is true that the high ISO performance of all cameras are not similar. However, one should also remember that not long ago, we were only limited to ISOs below 400. Earlier during low light, I used to keep my camera aside and just enjoy the scene. Today, I can film in low light. Tomorrow, it will be filming in darkness. However, people will continue to complain about noise.

Having said that, one has to also understand that to control noise you have to exposure correctly. Improper exposure will result in higher noise. Observe, the images posted by people and you will realise that just having long telephoto lenses and latest cameras is not enough. You have to nail the exposure.

Also, you will get better noise performance if you don't crop or if you don't crop more. Unfortunately, photographers forget these two factors and then keep on trying noise reduction of subject, background, despeckling and a load of nonsense. Get it right in the field and your major headache is over.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Hymakar Valluru
27-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks a lot Sabyasachi, Roopak & Mrudul. Now that i have 1.4x TC the cropping is much lesser vs my earlier images.