PDA

View Full Version : The King of Munnar.......Nilgiri Tahr

V S Sankar
23-06-2012, 08:10 PM
It was Tahr time again for me and a fruitful one.We could able to spend a full 3 hours with the Nilgiri Tahrs at Eravikulam NP.Here the rae male is staring at me with confidence......

Canon 400D,55-250IS,ISO400,1/320,6.3,Evaluative metering,slight crop to make the frame 3-4th

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Nice sighting of the only mountain goat of the South in the open.Healthy adult male.The grizzled patch on the back is clear.Its eyes evince emotion.A little space the front could have been better.Nice documentation.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Rajan Kanagasabai
24-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Lovely pose. Hardly a decade ago, they used to be extremely shy creatures, but today are close to domestication. Nice details, and maybe a round of sharpening would help. Would have been even better if you had a little more space at the bottom to include the hoofs. Thanks for sharing.

regards
Rajan

Murugan Anantharaman
24-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Nice image Sankar. Agree with the previous comments. It looks as if the tahr is walking on the road. Supposedly shy creatures,human contact has reduced their charm a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
24-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Nice.Did u try a vertical shankar sab? Looks a little high on brightness to me. Agree on sharpness and more space at the bottom.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
27-06-2012, 04:55 PM
I agree with the previous comments. I agree about more space at the bottom as suggested by Shaktipadaji and also vertical composition as suggested by Roopak.

A researcher started feeding them with salt and made them habituated. So only one group in Eravikulam is used to humans. Others run away.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi