PDA

View Full Version : Painted Stork

Rajan Kanagasabai
24-06-2012, 08:17 PM
At the Kelambakkam lake on the ECR road quite a while ago. . .

40D, 150-500, F6.3, 1/640, ISO 400, Picture from within the car. A crop to remove a plastic bag floating very near its legs . . . .

regards
Rajan

Mrudul Godbole
25-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Nice walking pose. The falling water drops look nice. Is the crop from bottom, else a bit more space there would have been good. Good details. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
26-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Nice image Rajanji. Its quite unfortunate that plastic is still used and worse its strewn all over the place. Wish something can be done about this. I am in chennai till tomorrow, any chance I might be able to find these birds in the lake at this time of the year? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-06-2012, 09:23 PM
I have my doubts whether you can find them at this time of the year. They start arriving a couple of months later.

The entire ECR road is a picnic spot and one can only find tons of plastics. :(

Rajan Kanagasabai
28-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi Murugan saab, welcome to Chennai. Do give me a buzz if you have the time for a quick catch up. Sabyasachi is right. They should start coming in by late August.

regards
Rajan

Murugan Anantharaman
29-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the invite Rajanji. Unfortunately my chennai trip was too short, not sure even if the birds had been there would I have been able to make it!!!. I have returned to Mumbai and packing my bags for another business trip for a few days :(. Will definitely plan to meet up the next time I'm in Chennai.Thanks.