PDA

View Full Version : Waghdoh male | Tadoba's showstoppers (#4)

Bhargava Srivari
25-06-2012, 01:55 PM
This chap needs no introduction; the size of his head is enough for people to take notice of his enormity. His character though, is not the big bully that his size suggests. A gentle father for 3 cubs in the Waghdoh region, and 4 cubs in Teliya, he is a monster dad who loves spending as much time as he can with his off springs :-)

Will post images of him lazing around with his cubs soon.
f/5.6, ISO 400, EV +0.3, 1/320sec, evaluative metering.
canon eos 7d, canon ef 300 f/2.8 L IS II USM + 2x extender III

Mrudul Godbole
25-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Nice to see a huge male tiger. Is he hurt in the right eye? The low angle looks nice. Is this full frame? The image seems to be bit dark. Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
25-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Mrudul,

Yes he is hurt. He suffered the injury in the eye while fighting off a male tiger. The image is a small crop, from the bottom and right. Agree that the image is a little dark. It was intentional; I honestly don't know why I felt keeping it slightly dark.

Praveen Siddannavar
26-06-2012, 09:01 AM
He is not just huge, by far the biggest tiger in Indian forest to me. Have just fallen for this chap:), Lovely image Bhargava
tfs

Murugan Anantharaman
26-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Lovely image of the Waghdoh male resting. I guess he hurt his eye in a fight early this year. Have been seeing his images with smaller eye since. Huge guy and definitely a great dad. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
27-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Nice pose. Good that you have eye contact in one eye atleast. It is always a pleasure to sight a large tiger. Thankfully, this doesn't seem to be another cement bath tub for tigers.

I agree that the image is dark. More space at the bottom and right and showing the habitat would be nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi