PDA

View Full Version : Symmetrical Patterns

Sriya Prasanna
30-06-2012, 07:21 AM
I would like to know the Id of this butterfly taken at Nanital. In nature even the "most gaudy" looks tremendous appealing. I have not seen this in the wild , only through my son's pictures do I even get an opportunity.

It is like a painting. Paint splashed into a paper and the paper folded and pressed to get patters when unfolded.

I never knew that green , orange and yellow could blend so well .The colours are brilliant but subtle at the same time. This can happen only in nature

This is not a cropped picture. My son has once again taken it with a Canon 300mm lens. Exposure time 1/1600 , ISO ISO 100, Action mode , 1/1579 sec, @ 1 pm in the afternoon.

Mrudul Godbole
30-06-2012, 01:00 PM
I agree the colours and the patterns look nice. He could have kept a bit more space at the top than at the bottom. That would have helped to avoid the leaves at the bottom right. Also the light looks a bit harsh. The colours would have looked better in early morning or late afternoon light. Look forward to more images from him. Thanks for sharing.

Joshi Bhavya
30-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Nice Spot. Its a Indian Tortoiseshell (Aglais cashmiriensis) common species.. thanks for sharing.

Sriya Prasanna
30-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the comments . Thanks for the tip. I made his read it as it will improve his photography skills. As of now he is a 12 year old just taking pictures. It feels great when people comment positively and also help him take better pictures.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Since he has clicked at 1 pm, the light is harsh. Butterflies are incredibly colourful and he can click anywhere. They play a very important role in pollination. I hope more people can click butterflies and document those.

I am very sure he will learn a lot soon. With his passion, he will go a long way. Please ask him to read the various tutorials posted in the tips section. I am giving a link to one on of those for increasing sharpness in images: Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268)

Sabyasachi