PDA

View Full Version : Tiger

Gajanan Bapat
04-07-2012, 11:31 PM
30 July 2012

canon 550d; 100-400mm

f/6.3; 1/640sec; ISO-800; Av Mode; Handheld ..

Sabyasachi Patra
09-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Very tight composition. Is this a large crop? There seems to be some other tiger nearby. Lot of noise in the image. Is this from tadoba?

I guess you wanted to mean 30th June? As 30th July is yet to come.

Gajanan Bapat
09-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Dear Sabyasachi Patra

Thanks for comments

wrongly put 30th july instead of 30th June .. thanks for rectify

yes the image from Tadoba, the image are tight, the origional image we attach h/w, while PP i am very confuse about how to crop the image; so please suggest how to crop this image; it is very helpful for me in fature ..

Gajanan Bapat

Sabyasachi Patra
09-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Good to see the actual image so that now we have a better idea. I guess you are using teh centre auto focus point to focus, so the tiger is at the centre of the frame. You can use a peripheral AF point or use the focus recompose technique to get the subject off centre.

In this image, less space at the bottom and more space would have resulted in the ear of the second tiger not getting cropped. A wider composition with more space at the left would have been even better. You were already using f6.3. Using a slightly narrow aperture like f8 or f9 would have given you more depth of field ie. more areas under focus. So more of the tiger in the background would have been in focus.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi