PDA

View Full Version : Leapord at Kabini

GSR Reddy
24-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Canon 50D
Lens 28-300 IS USM
This picture is one of them i shot while watching him cross the road and try to sneak in the bushes where a group of Deers was gracing. I watched him for about 15 to 20 minutes slowly moving and stopping at places, hiding behind the tree before going into the bushes. It was hunting for the deers. I waited for an hour so that i could see him hunt but unfortunately i was unlucky. It was wonderful watching him. Please criticise the image and also suggest me what parameters would have made this picture better.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Lovely moment. I guess the deers were a distance away so it was not completely crouching. I am not sure about the point of focus.

Can you post the shutter speed and aperture details? The image appeared to be soft. I guess it is because you were handholding with a lower shutter speed. Is this a full frame image? It would have been better if the tail would have not been cutoff.

I increased the contrast and did a little bit sharpening.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
25-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Would have liked to see a bit more space around the tail. Sabyasachi's re-post strengthens the image.

Apana

Kiran Ghadge
25-05-2009, 11:38 AM
thats lovely image.... agree with the others comments

Mrudul Godbole
25-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi,

Thast a close one. Great to see a leopard so close. Liked its pose. Do you have any photographs with the leopard looking into the frame?

GSR Reddy
25-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi,
this is a full crop image with Apeture 9 and Shutter speed 1/1000 and was handheld while taking the picture. i took continuous shot at slow speed because the leapord was moving. there is also another picture where the leapord is in the centre. i am posting another picture of the leapord shot at the same time. would appreciate your comments.

Ramesh