PDA

View Full Version : Okhla Bird park rape

Rajeev Khanna
15-07-2012, 09:26 AM
i am posting this with great sadness, I went today to Okhla bird park and i was stopped from entering by a UP police man in the usual brusque manner due to thousands of Kawarias entering the park from one gate and camping around it Only the limited area remains after construction of BMW statutes. even this is being used as a open air toilet , Genearl ruckus and destruction of forest is being caused, This time of the year thousands of birds nest in this area , loud speakers,Camp and passage of thousands people and dirt and ruckus created by open area defecation and cooking in so called worlds premier birding habitat is not only being allowed but facilitated by the administration.
I am amazed at the treatment of a protected area, I would appeal to this forum members to highlight this issue to the wild life authorities and press stop this wonton desecration:sad::sad:

Sabyasachi Patra
15-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Sad to hear this. Please post some more details and if any images. When did this Kawaria's came? We will take it up with the concerned authorities.
Sabyasachi

Rajeev Khanna
16-07-2012, 06:55 AM
The Kawarias enter the park from the gate near the bund and transit through the park road and exit from the gate near the barrage their is a camp right across the road , it is obvious that large number of people camping in front of the park gate and also using the road as transit, will cause damage to the park natural environment. Transit camps on road side , toilet and other facilities are non existant. Loudspeakers constantly blare religious music and a lot of dirt and nuisance is caused. unfortunately I did not take pictures. I have been told that chat puja is next where hordes will descend on the park and burn grass and incense and amy set of fires in addition to general disturbance caused

Rajeev Khanna
16-07-2012, 06:30 PM
i uploading a couple of pictures from delhibird thread

Rajeev Khanna
16-07-2012, 06:33 PM
garbage left behind i have come to know this to be a yearly debacle

Rajeev Khanna
16-07-2012, 06:34 PM
these people stay in shivrs inside and outside for a week

Roopak Gangadharan
16-07-2012, 06:43 PM
This needs to be taken up with the FD in UP if im not wrong..from what i cud see on the net the Agra DFO is in charge of the sanctuary.kindly let us know the email Ids or address of the authorities....some of us can write to them and highlight the issue .

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
17-07-2012, 08:46 PM
The Kawaria problem should be over today.

For preventing these kind of recurrences, we need to continue petitioning the authorities. I have to find out email ids. Till that time, you have to do with the faxes.

1. First a Fax should be sent to the Chief Minister of UP:
Shri Akhilesh Yadav,
Chief Minister of UP,
Lal Bahadur Shastri Bhawan, Lucknow-226001
Phone +91-522-2239296,2236181 Fax +91-522-2239234

2. Chief Conservator of Forests & Chief Wildlife Warden,
Govt. of Uttar Pradesh, 17, Rana Pratap Marg, LUCKNOW - 226 001.
Telephone
0522-206584(O), 237715 & 223015(R)
Fax: 0522-222061/ 206188

3. I will also escalate it to the Chief Secretary of UP.

Let us catch up on the weekend, as I am now back in Delhi.
Sabyasachi