PDA

View Full Version : Babbler

Kumaran Narayanaswamy
16-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Date : 14-07-2012
Nikon D4, 70-300MM VR,300MM ISO 400 f5.6 1/640 Hand held, cropped.

Please share your critique and comments.Thanks

Mrudul Godbole
16-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Nice image. Do check the AF point, it seems it is locked on the branch and not on the Babbler. I think placing the babbler a bit more lower in the frame would have helped to enhance the composition further. Presently the branch seems to occupy majority of the frame. Thanks for sharing.

Kumaran Narayanaswamy
16-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks Mrudul for the feedback....I think I did with a AF-C D-21 points....

Atul Sinai
16-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi Kumaran,

With AF-C and 21 AF points active it would be very difficult to get precise focus. This setting is good when you are shooting birds in flight without any obstructions. When more than one AF points are active the focus will be locked on the nearest subject hitting the AF point. When there are obstructions like trees and branches select the single AF point.

When AF-C is selected the camera will continuously focus, so if the selected focus point is not on the bird there are chances of image being out of focus. There is no focus confirmation in AF-C as the camera is continuously focusing.

AF-S or AF-A might help in this situation if the bird is not moving. Press the shutter only when you get the focus confirmation and you see a sharp image in the viewfinder.

hope this helps. Thanks for sharing

Kumaran Narayanaswamy
17-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Thanks Atul for this great info...

Sabyasachi Patra
17-07-2012, 07:16 PM
I agree. Too often, we click without the camera properly focusing on the subject and at times also because the image stabilisation (in case of Nikon it is vibration reduction) is yet to stabilise.

Composition wise, I would have loved it more if the bird was perched a bit infront of the branch. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more from this beautiful patch of trees in theosophical society.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kumaran Narayanaswamy
17-07-2012, 09:18 PM
yes i had to cut short my trip since the guards said that I have to get prior permission with GM to photograph.... have requested GM's permission.... for one month.... he has asked me to come again on Friday....