PDA

View Full Version : Tiger district of Maharashtra

Atul Dhamankar
16-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Tiger cub behind a milestone in Tadoba.
D7000
500mm f/4.5

CHANDRAPUR is undoubtfully "Tiger district of Maharashtra". Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) is one of the best tiger reserve of India and tiger breeding is much more than any other TR. But here tigers are not only inside the Tadoba TR's 625 sq. km. area, but at everywere in the Chandrapur district's excellent forest adjoining to TadobaTR. In Jan. 2010. 1150 Sq. km of forest around Tadoba was decleared as Buffer Zone, means no industrial or mining activites are permitted with in this forest. Now tigers of Chandrapur district get 1775 sq.km of forest for themself. But recent Tiger poaching activities are a wistle for all nature lover. Mainly this buffer zone is still under FDCM and regular forest and no wildlife management plan implement here for tiger is a major problem.
Hope now govt. take some solid steps to protect this superb tiger forest of Chandrapur.

Atul Sinai
16-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Nicely documented. Loved the look and feel of this image. You just got the right moment with tiger right next to the location stone to convey the message.

Thanks for sharing.

Prasad Dingankar
16-07-2012, 09:08 PM
WOW, Thats lovely capture to explain the facts and create awareness.... Thanks for sharing.....

Murugan Anantharaman
17-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Lovely image Atul. Thanks for the detailed explanation. Awareness has to be brought for every reserve, wish it can be done. The milestone with the tiger around it looks novel. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Nice one. Unfortunately, chandrapur's forests are being ripped apart by mining. Poaching has raised its ugly head. Though I am an optimist, I am not sure if this tiger cub will grow to adulthood.

Sabyasachi

Anand Madabhushi
18-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Patraji

I sat glued to the Tv on Sunday with NDTV Tigerthon (not only for the glimpse of my creation). The CM of Maharashtra went on record that he has not permitted mining in Chandrapur. Hope he will keep up his word.

The other CMs and Principal Secretaries of states in reply to pointed queries from Pranoy and Amitabh have pledged all protection for tigers. It is taped and on record.

Let us hope....

Anand

Nice one. Unfortunately, chandrapur's forests are being ripped apart by mining. Poaching has raised its ugly head. Though I am an optimist, I am not sure if this tiger cub will grow to adulthood.

Sabyasachi

Anand Madabhushi
18-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Excellent image, Atul.