PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant tailed Jacana

Mrudul Godbole
16-07-2012, 11:31 PM
This was photographed while coming back from Kabini. Thanks to Sabyasachi to let me photograph with his 400 mm lens. Wish the light was better. We were clicking from the road side in the pond below.

Canon 50D, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII TC, ISO 400, f8, 1/1000, full frame, tripod.

Comments and critiques welcome..

Sabyasachi Patra
17-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Nice image. It was a nice place. Early morning light would have been fantastic.

I was not inclined to click. However, when I saw that everybody was in a clicking mood, I brought my tripod and set up the camera and lens to observe. Mrudul wanted to see the difference in focal length and immediately she said ohh it is so close. If I would not have allowed her to use the lens, then I may have got a not so gentle push into the water. :) I then did a couple of video clips with my 70-200 which will be shared later. :)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Rajan Kanagasabai
18-07-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm reminded of the famous corporate verse, the favourite one of the late legendary Steve (Apple) - "Sometimes, the best helping hand you can get is a firm hard push" . . . . I'm now convinced Mrudul is an Apple fan :laugh:

I liked the composition, especially the mirror effect of the reflection. Thanks for sharing . . .

regards
Rajan

Satishchandra Ranadive
19-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Very well captured in habitat.Nice composition.Agree with you about lights.Nice reflection too.Great details in colors.
Regards.

Roopak Gangadharan
20-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Nice image .like the pose. looks like a grey day.

TFS
Roopak