PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Kartik Bhat
18-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi
I am an IT professional working for an Investment firm in Mangalore. Since I grew up and did my schooling in the concrete jungles of Mumbai,wildlife and nature has always attracted me. I always wanted to be a part of fraternity which thrives to save wildlife and nature. Wildlife Photography gives me an great opportunity to be with nature and showcase its beauty!! I very often get messages from my friends from Mumbai telling "Its because of you we can see different birds and animals pictures."
I like clicking birds, there are so many different them that one can not resist clicking them!! Ever since I started clicking a year ago, I have been actively engaged in Pelagic Birding,Trekking the heights of Kudremukha National Park,Durga Forest and Agumbe. I have documented more than 30 different birds in my backyards and its a feast to eyes to see them there.
My kit consist of Canon 550 D and Nikon L120. Currently I have Canon 75-300mm,Canon18-55mm and Sigma 150-500mm!!

Mrudul Godbole
19-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Hello Kartik,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Its good to know you are so passionate about nature and wildlife. It is good that you have documented 30 species of birds in your background. This kind of documentation helps to understand which species are doing well and which are being affected. Would definitely like to see the images. Keep posting and sharing your views in the different discussions in the forum.

Cheers,

Sabyasachi Patra
19-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Kartik,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

It is nice to hear about your interests. I am happy that another passionate individual has become a member of IndiaWilds. Often pretty images of birds and animals helps in raising interests and creating awareness.

Look forward to your images as well as your participation in the various discussions.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kartik Bhat
19-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Thanks Mrudul and Mr.Patra!! Good to be a part of India Wild, wish to learn more about Wildlife and conservation!!

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Hi Kartik,
Welcome to IndiaWilds. Nice to meet another passionate nature enthusiast (and a fellow backyard birder :D). Look forward to your participation here.

Roopak Gangadharan
22-07-2012, 10:12 PM
hi kathik

Welcome to Indiawilds.Nice to know your intrests.Keep posting.This is a great place to learn and contribute.

Rgds
Roopak