PDA

View Full Version : Head in the clouds

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Made this image yesterday in Matheran. The peak in the distance is Garbut point, from where I trekked down to Garbut plateau to make this image. The usually incessant, heavy Matheran rain was kind enough to cease for some time while I was on the plateau, allowing me to make a series of landscape images. Will post the others soon...

Canon 500D, Canon 18-55mm IS, @18mm
SS 1/800
Av 11
ISO 800
EC +0.7
PP: Contrast increase to bring out details in the mist; a little highlight recovery in the sky; pano crop.
I tried off-centred compositions for the peak, but this one still worked best.

Thanks, C&C awaited.
P.S.: My first image post after crossing 2,000 :)

Mrudul Godbole
20-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Congrats on your 2000th Post...!! It has been really amazing to have you in the forum. We have learnt so much about Macros from your images and the detailed information you provide along with very image. Thanks and look forward to many more thousand's :).

Lovely landscape. The peak emerging through the clouds adds interest to the image. The greenery and the mist give a nice feel of the monsoons. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Congratulations Abhishek!

2000 quality posts is an awesome achievement.

I still remember your first post a kingfisher clicked with a compact camera. I have to dig out that image. Anyway, far more important than the quality of that image is your learning curve and the love that you have developed for those bugs and small macro objects. Look forward to many more quality posts in future.

I love this present image. The greenery feels good. The peak rising out in the distance looks nice. The depth of field is adequate. I haven't been in that place for a long time. :( Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
23-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Nice one Abhishek. Congrats on completing 2000 posts. you have indeed added a lot to our understanding of the lesser creatures (for want of a better word....:laugh:).

The greenery and the misty feel gives this the classic montane in monsoon look.

TFS
Roopak