PDA

View Full Version : The Local "Meghalaya"...

Abhishek Jamalabad
25-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Garbut plateau as seen from the trekking route down from Garbut point, Matheran.
When I reached the plateau in the morning, the mist was in the western valley (pictured in the earlier post) and the eastern side (here) was clear. By noon, very strong eastward winds had gradually blown most of the mist to the east, and it accumulated there to form the dense wall of mist against mountain side, seen here.

Canon 500D, Canon 18-55 IS @ 46mm
SS 1/125
Av 11
ISO 100
EC -0.3
Not sure how the foreground works here... I wanted to include minimum foreground here, but excluding it completely would disrupt the balance of the composition... Couldn't move around to compose as this was on a steep, narrow path.

Thanks, C&C awaited

Sabyasachi Patra
26-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Very interesting. It looks as if one can just step onto the mist. The greenery looks nice. Is that a dirt track leading our eyes into the image? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
26-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Sabyasachi,
The track might be a path used by villagers to reach Matheran. Not sure why it resembles a dirt track, this area would be inaccessible by bicycle etc.

Mrudul Godbole
26-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Lovely landscape. The mist surely seems like engulfing the place. I liked the composition. Its good you included the foreground it nicely frames the image. Lovely greenery. Thanks for sharing.