PDA

View Full Version : Common Kingfisher- Pair

Prasad Dingankar
30-07-2012, 10:39 PM
This is another output of my one day trip. The male was offering gift to the loved one.
Exif
30D with 400mm
ISO - 500
TV- 1/200
AV- 5.6
Cropped
Monopod Support

Kumaran Narayanaswamy
30-07-2012, 10:46 PM
beautiful shot might be they had a fight before while and the space between both shows that :-)

Saktipada Panigrahi
30-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Good image.Nice that you got them together.I would have liked the caption-"The Two".Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Saajan Jogia
31-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Great capture. Both look engrossed in something. Thanks for sharing!

Atul Sinai
31-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Nice to see them together. Nice details. The couple are intently observing something. Was there any action happening out there.

Prasad Dingankar
31-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Nice to see them together. Nice details. The couple are intently observing something. Was there any action happening out there.

Atul,
Thanks for your comment
I doubt, they are observing anthing. I have some more snaps of the entire courtship sequence in which the male was offering the food. The female was very naughty, delibaratly moving away from him.
well if atall they are observing anything then nothing but Love :)

Cheers
Prasad

Mrudul Godbole
31-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Nice to see a pair of kingfishers. I feel the eye of the bird on the left doesn't seem to be critically sharp. The barbet image you posted was sharp, had you used the monopod then, or was it hand held. Trying to judge if the less sharpness is due to the monopod. Thanks for sharing.

Prasad Dingankar
31-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Nice to see a pair of kingfishers. I feel the eye of the bird on the left doesn't seem to be critically sharp. The barbet image you posted was sharp, had you used the monopod then, or was it hand held. Trying to judge if the less sharpness is due to the monopod. Thanks for sharing.

Well Thanks for the critical observations.
One- Yes barbet was by using monopod.
There are many points involved
1. I was & am facing a serious problem with my 30D- Its shutter button is not operating smoothly. I have to Jab it hard.
2. Same was the case during barbet shootout, but the birdy was highly co-operative, I must say. Giving me all the time to get it right.
3. Last but not the least, my daughter, she was always behind me during this KF sequence & half my attention was diverted to send her back to her mother & the other half was worried that I may loose the moment due to this hustle.:blink:
I really need experts advice regarding my camera Issue.
Rest Let me take care ;)

Bhargava Srivari
01-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Not very common to get two Kingfishers in a frame. Looks nice. Agree with the comments.

Roopak Gangadharan
02-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Nice moment captured here.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
02-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Did you see it give a pebble to its mate?

Prasad Dingankar
04-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Did you see it give a pebble to its mate?

I have seen it offering something but not sure it was pebble... here is the offering

Sabyasachi Patra
04-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Prasad,
This appears to be food.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi