PDA

View Full Version : Tigress/Bandipur (Kaveri)

Praveen Siddannavar
02-08-2012, 09:36 AM
I still remember that evening it rained cats and dogs, the forest was at its best with green surroundings all over. The sad part was we didn't even spot a deer despite a two hour drive in the rains, we were heading towards the exit gate, light was extremely low and as rightly said animals make their appearance when you least expect them.

This beautiful tigress named Kaveri made her appearance and appeared from no where like a goddess right in front of us.
I love the way she popped out of the bush with the colorful lantana flowers flanked on her right, she walked directly towards us... a sight to behold

Camera Used - Canon EOS 7D with Canon f4 500m lens
EXIF : ISO 800 Av4 Tv 1/50 sec, Full frame
Date : 21st August 2010

Saktipada Panigrahi
02-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Nice image of the queen.Cautious look.Habitat looks so green and colourful with flowering shrubs.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
02-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Nice pose and eye contact. I think it is from the same series you had posted earlier. Slight more space at the bottom to include the paw in full would have been good. You reduce the reducing the saturation a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-08-2012, 02:42 PM
The eye contact is nice. I agree with the previous comments. Including the paw in full would have been good. The flowers of the invasives lend colour to the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sucheth Lingachar
02-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Nice Eye contact.... beautiful image, slight space in the bottom would have been still better

Roopak Gangadharan
02-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Super eye contact.Agree with the previous comments lil space at the bottom wud been fantastic

TFS
Roopak

Suraj Sreedhar
03-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Nice to see other tiger images other than Gowri & Prince.
Thanks for sharing.

Saajan Jogia
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Lovely pic! Amazing eye contact. your description and composition blend well which just enhances the mood of the image. It's a pleasure seeing her, thanks for sharing :)

Murugan Anantharaman
04-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Lovely image Praveen. The piercing look of the eyes are amazing. Agree the flowers add to the composition, especially since this is a tigress :D. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
05-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Thank you all for the comments, I fully agree with you, that space at bottom would have been good. But believe me this was so quick and close to my 500mm lens, and seeing such a beautiful tigress, errors are bound to happen:)

Mrudul in most of my images I always keep saturation to zero, even in this image Sat is zero, however I play a bit with Vibrance.