PDA

View Full Version : Parakeet

Mrudul Godbole
02-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Photographed in Bharatpur. Liked the way it has one leg outside on the bark.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 400, f7.1, 1/125, full frame, hand held

Comments and critiques welcome..

Atul Sinai
02-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Very well composed. One leg out enhances the image. Back of the head seems to be blown off slightly, some loss of the details in that area. TFS

Mrudul Godbole
02-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Back of the head seems to be blown off slightly, some loss of the details in that area. TFS

Hi Atul, I was thinking the same, that the back of the head is highlighted, but in Lightroom you can see it is not overexposed. The back of the head is a slight whitish green in colour. I checked in Lightroom again, and I am attaching the 100% zoom image of the head in Lightroom which I checked for highlights. Not sure if it is the software or the shades of green. Thanks for your minute observation. More inputs on this are welcome..

Bhargava Srivari
03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Nice looking bird. Well composed. A 1/3rd stop lower EC would have done the needful here.

tfs

Atul Sinai
03-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Mrudul, you can keep the Alt button pressed and click on the recovery slider. This will give you a clear idea whether the area is blown off or not.

Agree with you regarding back of the head being whitish green.

Saajan Jogia
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
A very cute picture. I agree with atul about the back of the head being washed off, maybe it's because parakeets are very restless so you could've expected a minor shake there. The bark of the tree goes well with green. Sharp eye contact.

Roopak Gangadharan
03-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Nice compo and good eye contact.

TFS
Roopak

Saktipada Panigrahi
03-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Nice composition,colour contrast with the perch and eye contact.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
03-08-2012, 10:19 PM
I too had the impression that there may have been some blownout pixels. Viewing at 100% one can see the details. I like the subtle colour variations. The bark has come out very nicely. This reminds me that I haven't converted these images. Let me hunt for these. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
04-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Lovely image Mrudul. The single leg out reminds me of buses in chennai where people hang out on the footboard, give a similar impression :). The colors look nice and agree with the comments made on the brightness towards the end of the ring. Thanks for sharing.

Prasad Dingankar
04-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Your skills of capturing birds in full frame is just awesome.... Thanks for sharing

Sabyasachi Patra
04-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Lovely image Mrudul. The single leg out reminds me of buses in chennai where people hang out on the footboard, give a similar impression :).

This one beats all. I just couldn't stop myself from laughing. Everyday while driving to office I used to see a few hanging from the footboards of the bus and I used to be worried that someone will fall down. You just reminded me about that.

One day I was driving National Geographic photographer Ed Kashi and he immediately pulled his camera to click this scene. He said he could never imaging such a thing to happen. :)