PDA

View Full Version : Rain drops on a leaf

Atul Sinai
02-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Was trying out some macro shots with 50mm f1.8 and extension tubes. Just loved the details here, so thought of sharing. It was drizzling and had a good time shooting in the rain.

Please critique !

Canon 7D. 50mm f1.8 and extension tubes
Manual Exposure
Manual Focus
Manual metering
Shutter Speed 1/25
Aperture 16
ISO 500
Focal Length 50mm
Cropped by 16%
Tripod Support

Thanks!

Regards,
Atul

Abhishek Jamalabad
03-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Lovely image. Nice shades. The refracted images in the drops look nice. Having the leaf exactly parallel to the sensor would have been better. Are the highlights blown? What was the ET length? I don't suppose the lens was reversed?
TFS

Mrudul Godbole
03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Nice to see you experimenting in macros. The rain drops look nice. Agree with the above comments. Why 16% crop? Thanks for sharing.

Atul Sinai
03-08-2012, 02:52 PM
The leaf was curved a bit and setting it up using tripod and ball-head with a bit of wind blowing made it tough to get parallel.

Abhishek, I used 20mm extension tube and did not reversed the lens. Agree with you, highlights seem to be blown off, looks like i didn't pay much attention to them on this occasion.

Mrudul, cropped this by 16% to remove out of focus portion of the leaf. I have been experimenting with macros for last couple and there are more to follow.

The last occasion where I spent some time doing macros was exactly a year back.