PDA

View Full Version : As I look over my Kingdom...

Bibhav Behera
05-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Shot this today near Bandipur. It was pretty far away, but it always pays to try something new than to just take a record shot. Your views on this image please?

Canon EOS 7D, 420mm
SS 1/1000 (+0.3)
f/8
ISO 400

Cropped a sliver from the top for a pano composition. Otherwise Full frame.

Comments and Critiques welcome.

Indranil Panigrahi
05-08-2012, 11:17 PM
IT IS LONELY AT THE TOP........

Thanks for sharing.
Indranil Panigrahi

Mrudul Godbole
06-08-2012, 02:33 PM
I liked the composition with a lone tusker on a hilltop. The b/w treatment looks good. Nicely captured and composed. Thanks for sharing.

P.S - Any other sightings in Bandipur? How was the traffic, with the jungle now closed.

Bibhav Behera
06-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Mrudul, This was near Gopalaswamy Betta.
I took a drive on the highway through Bandipur till the TN border as well. The forest rest house area was deserted and so was JLR. It was quite calm given that it was a Sunday which would have otherwise had tourists swarming. I did however see a few 'passers by' on the highway clicking mugshots of Spotted Deer with their cell phones.

Atul Sinai
06-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Loved the feel here. Nice compo.

Murugan Anantharaman
08-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Nice perspective. Agree with Indranil's words here, gives the feeling too. Would have been great if a calf had been following the elephant.Can only wish :).Thanks for sharing

Sabyasachi Patra
09-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice one. I have seen elephants several times from Gopalswamy betta. Good quote by Indraneel. If a calf had been following, then it won't be lonely. :)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi