PDA

View Full Version : Loten Sunbird Female

Kartik Bhat
06-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Canon 550D Canon 75-300mm
EXIF:F 8 @ 1/250 ISO 200

Sabyasachi Patra
06-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Eye contact is fine. Some more space at the right would be better as there is not much separation between the tail and the right frame edge. Where was this clicked?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kartik Bhat
06-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Sir this was clicked near my house at Karkala,Karnataka

Saktipada Panigrahi
07-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Nice image.Nice appeal in composition and colour contrast.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S:About 15 years back during my Mumbai days, one Sunday I was wandering in this Bird Sanctuary and survived with one watermelon.Karnala sounds musical in my ears.

Mrudul Godbole
07-08-2012, 11:11 AM
The perch and the eye contact is nice. A more rectangular framing than the present one would enhance the composition further. The light seems a bit harsh. What time was this clicked? Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
07-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Nice image Kartik.Seems the bird was relatively closer. Agree some more space would have looked better. Were you able to get it feeding with its lovely long beak? Thanks for sharing.

Saktida: I think Kartik meant Karkala in Karnataka. Unfortunately Karnala has become crowded over the years but it still does gives some nice options for birding during winters.

Saktipada Panigrahi
08-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Many thanks Murugan Bhai for notifying my mistake.The moment I read upto Kar, I started dreaming how nice it is that Kartik Bhai has a village home near the bird sanctuary! SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
08-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Saktipadaji: The intention was not to point out mistakes but just to make sure you are aware of Kartik's location. You would be pleased to know that our friend Abhishek Jamalabad has a house close to Karnala Bird sactuary :).

Kartik Bhat
08-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks all!! I shot this image at 12 noon!! Lotens are common visitors at my backyard. And yes I am lucky to have my place connected to Kudremukha Natinal Park Stretch. 2 miles from Karkala, there is a place called Durga which is connected to KNP. Durga forest has more than 50 different species of birds. Sri Lankhan Frog mouth ,Malabar Trogons, Asian Fairy blue bird have been clicked and major attractions among the local Birders!!