PDA

View Full Version : Spotting The Spotted (Leopard)

Sucheth Lingachar
07-08-2012, 12:55 AM
This was Photographed in Kabini, This trip to kabini, i was lucky enough to sight Leopard in all my four safaris.Enjoyment in watching the predators in their habitat is totally different.This was spotted by our naturalist from the road, it was little far, few min we were not able to spot this guy after some time we spotted this guy.

Nikon D3100, F8, 1/50s, ISO 800, 300mm

Praveen Siddannavar
07-08-2012, 08:34 AM
lovely sighting this, it is so easy to miss the leopard resting surrounded by so branches and leaves.
tfs

Roopak Gangadharan
07-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Nice. Tough to spot one like this...

TFS
Roopak

Saktipada Panigrahi
07-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Nice sighting,habitat looks good.Leopard resting on tree is a treat to watch. During your four safaris how many different leopards you could see.Your leopard luck is breathtaking.
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
07-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Nice sighting. Quite difficult to spot him so nicely hidden in the leaves. It is quite difficult to even get the focus right. Your shutter speed was quite less. You could have used a wider aperture like f6.3 to get a higher shutter speed and more sharpness. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
08-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Nice image of the leopard resting on a tree. Agree 'spotting' the leopard sitting on a tree would be a task in itself.Difficult to focus through the vegetation. Thanks for sharing.

Sucheth Lingachar
08-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Thank you all for Your Valuable comments....
Saktipada Panigrahi: During my four safaris i could see 3 different leopards,
Two Male and one Feamale. Female leopard was there with her two cubs but by the time we reach that Point two cubs had got down from the tree and went inside the Bush.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Nicely hidden in the vegetation. Unless one knows where to search, it is difficult to spot.