Taken at Bandhavgarh

Nikon D300
Nikon 600MM

Spacial thanks to Kiran Khanzode for processing help

C & C most welcome

Harshad

Kiran Ghadge
26-05-2009, 02:00 PM
thats fantastic sighting, where was this? also what was shutter speed and ISO?

Bibhav Behera
26-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Well Harshad,
It seems all the animals were out there to welcome you when you went to Bandhavgarh... You have covered a lot of species from there... :D

The picture is nicely composed. I like the colour of the dry leaves in the background. The tree on the left looks good providing a good framing on one side. The small tuftof green at the bottom of the tree gives a good change of colour in the image. However the OOF foliage on the right bottom corner could have been avoided.

The sharpness is also a bit low. Have seen that in a few of your recent images. Is it there in the images u clicked or is it becoming soft while uploading? Did you resize to less than 200kb?

Harshad Barve
26-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Lack of shutter speed may be because of low light, taken at 5.45-5.55 AM

Harshad

Sabyasachi Patra
26-05-2009, 03:47 PM
You find bears in Bandhavgarh at this time of the year. Nice colours. Were you using tripod or handheld? Don't forget to raise your ISO if shutter speed is less. Seems you had a good time in Bandhavgarh. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

GSR Reddy
26-05-2009, 04:17 PM
a very nice picture but for the slight obstruction of leaves in the front. sighting itself is great & thats the beauty of Wildlife.

GSR Reddy

Mrudul Godbole
26-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi Harshad,

Your trip really paid off, with all these wonderfull sightings :).
I feel that the tree doesnt add to the composition much, some cropping might help.Agree with Bibhav that the image appears a bit soft. Can you post the exif details, to help in commenting.

AB Apana
27-05-2009, 07:10 AM
I agree with Mrudul, would try for a tighter crop to avoid the tree.

Apana

Kiran Khanzode
28-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Being present there personally while you were photographing this animal with all the due diligence, I have to salute you, hats off ! The photo came out excellent !!

With our 600mm reach, we (my cousin and I) couldn't even manage a half decent shot of this bear that early morning in Mirchaini land...100 meters away.

Kiran