PDA

View Full Version : Collared Dove

Mohammed Raheel
08-08-2012, 07:41 PM
She sat elegantly on the high tension wires, with head tilted gently, as if waiting to be photographed.
Could not avoid the electric wires since they were close.

Canon 550D, TV mode, SS 1/200, F - 11, ISO 100, Canon 70-300 IS, handheld, cropped considerably.

Mrudul Godbole
08-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Nice description :). The eye contact is good. As you have mentioned there is some detail loss due to the crop. Why f11? I feel a wider aperture like f6.3 or f7.1 would have sufficed here. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
09-08-2012, 10:13 AM
The dove seems to be wired for a photoshoot :). Wish the light was on the dove, would have enhanced the image. Thanks for sharing.

Atul Sinai
09-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Hey Mohammed, nice image. You needed to overexpose by about +2/3 here as you were shooting against the sky. Lower aperture about f/7.1 would have sufficed here. As you were shooting in TV mode you would have no control over the aperture. In most situations using AV helps instead of TV.

Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Eye contact is fine. I agree with the previous comments. Whether you use Av or Tv, just look at the shooting parameters before you press the shutter button. Change the settings as required. I mostly use Av and control the depth of field first. If I see that the shutter speed is not right, then I increase the ISO or try to be more steady, breath control etc etc.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mohammed Raheel
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks All, I am new in this field, and your suggestion bring a lot of value to me. Please continue to provide your feedback on my posts. Initially I was reluctant to post the pictures though :)