PDA

View Full Version : Garbage all around

Mrudul Godbole
08-08-2012, 09:11 PM
This was photographed in Bharatpur. Even in a bird sanctuary so renowned there is no ban on plastics and litter can be seen in lot of places. This waterhen was very close to me and I saw it was trying to find its way through the heap of plastic cups, chip packets and other litter. This image was taken in Dec 2011.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm lens.

Look forward to know your views.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I remember this scene. People dump their wastes everywhere. The amount of pollution due to tourism in wilderness areas is amazing.

Atul Sinai
09-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Sad to see this. Fines should be imposed on people caught littering. Something like Rs. 100 would be good enough to prevent people from littering. Practically the may not be strictly followed but will create significant impact and we can expect cleaner surroundings over a period of time.

Just sharing a thought, need to drill in to the ground level realities though.

Abhishek Jamalabad
10-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Sad to see this happening even in Bharatpur.
On my recent visit to Karnala Bird Sanctuary (near Mumbai) I found that an NGO from a neighbouring village has joined hands with the FD to start keeping a check on plastics taken inside the sanctuary. They thoroughly check each bag carried by visitors for any plastics. If they find any plastics they keep them along with a Rs.200 deposit, and return them when the visitors leave. In addition, regardless of keeping plastics, they collect Rs.10 from each group of visitors as a fee to keep the place tidy.
The littering in the sanctuary has subsequently been reduced a great deal, especially considering it is a popular weekend getaway for a large number of people from Mumbai.

Atul Sinai
26-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Another example of garbage all around. Location: Sangamwadi, Pune

Thrash is dumped here along the river coast.

Mrudul Godbole
27-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Really a very sad sight. this shows how much garbage we throw in our rivers. We can see that especially after the water reside. Nicely documented. Thanks for sharing.

Raj Dhage
14-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Camera NIKON D90
Focal Length 300mm
Shutter Speed 1/1250 sec
Aperture f/4.5
ISO/Film 250