PDA

View Full Version : Tree on a Cliff!!!

Murugan Anantharaman
08-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Again photographed in the western ghats in Khandala.This solitary tree seems to be looking out to see if all's well :). Liked the solo tree amidst the green hills with a misty background.

Nikon D3100,f/5,SS 1/1600,ISO 400,112mm,full frame.

Mrudul Godbole
09-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Lovely greenery. The vertical composition looks nice.The mountain ranges in the background frame the image nicely. Nice details. Thinking if a slight less space at the bottom would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Nice image. The composition is nice. The greenery looks good. It would have been great if you would have used a narrow aperture. Why a higher shutter speed and shallow aperture?

There are many layers in the image and except for the foreground the rest ie. middle where the focus is and the background is covered in depth of field. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Lovely landscape.
'Facing the great unknown,the solitary tree holds aloft the victorious banner of life.'*
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

*Indebtedness:Tagore
(Translation: V.S.Naravane)
Modified by me.

Murugan Anantharaman
10-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks Saktipadaji for quoting Tagore. Lovely words.

Sabyasachi: Actually I had previously set the shutter to 1/1600 in the 'S'-shutter mode after seeing a bird hovering. Then forgot to change it to Aperture mode and clicked in the shutter mode itself.Hence the high shutter speed. The aperture was picked up automatically I guess. But I still liked the image hence posted.

Abhishek Jamalabad
10-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Nice monsoon feel. The greenery looks lovely. Agree that clicking with a narrower aperture would have been better. In Matheran, one finds more trees on the slope facing away from the wind, and most of the trees bend or grow near-horizontally to reduce resistance against the wind. I guess you may have noticed something similar in Khandala too. Long time since I've been there.
TFS

Jitendra Katre
07-09-2012, 06:38 PM
nice colours and composition..