PDA

View Full Version : Lady of Bandipur(Tigress)

Sucheth Lingachar
09-08-2012, 03:27 PM
This was photographed at bandipur, This was my First Tiger Sighting in the wilds.She was inside the Bush and the Langurs were giving alaram calls not frequently but in breaks,our driver told something is there we will wait, we waited for 15min nothing came out two vehicles waiting along with us left but we waited there after nearly half an hour our Patience paid off, she slowly emerged out of the bush looked towards us then crossed the road in front of our vehicle. sighting lasted for two to three min. this was my first experience and its thrilling and memorable.

Nikon D3100, F5.6, 1/160, ISO 400

Mrudul Godbole
09-08-2012, 05:50 PM
The first tiger sighting in the wild is always memorable. I think a horizontal composition would have worked better here. Some more sharpness would have enhanced the composition further. I understand, sighting a tiger for the first time in wild you would be definitely not concentrating on the camera settings :). Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
09-08-2012, 07:31 PM
First sighting of tiger in the wild gives us the impression the our jungles are still 'Live'.After wandering in the jungles for five years,I could see the tiger in the wild in the mid-seventies.Image looks very natural.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
09-08-2012, 08:48 PM
First sighting is always very memorable. The circumstances and the scene remains etched in the memory. I have had many experiences of being close to tiger without sighting it, including waiting in a waterhole in the night. Sharing one such incident here: http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/a-night-in-similipal-national-park/

I remember Mrudul refusing to photograph for the first two days in Bandhavgarh during her first tiger sighting as she wanted to watch tiger and didn't want to get distracted by photography.

Tiger is perhaps God's most magnificent creation. If we can't gather enough courage to save it, then I am not sure if other less charismatic species will get saved.

Sabyasachi

V S Sankar
09-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Good first sighting of a tiger.That would have been exciting!Congratulations....

Regards

Murugan Anantharaman
10-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Lovely Sucheth. Agree with all the comments, nothing greater than a first tiger sighting. I had my first in Corbett during my 3rd visit. First 2 visits I could not spot a tiger at all and then the 3rd time I was ecstatic when I saw one.

The tiger coming from around the tree looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
11-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Nice one sucheth. Patience is very important for people who would like to be close to nature and enjoy it. But like everything else it is very relative and those who are wound up like alarm clocks will never get to enjoy a moment like the one you had…. Im sure the sighting and the learning are too good to forget..:001_smile:

TFS
Roopak

Sucheth Lingachar
12-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Thank you all for your valuable comments...

Warm Regards
Sucheth S L

Bhargava Srivari
13-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Sucheth,

This certainly looks to me an enjoyable first experience. A relatively novel perspective as well, on the composition front.

Cheers

Sucheth Lingachar
14-08-2012, 10:48 AM
thank you all for your valuable comment...:)

Rajan Kanagasabai
15-08-2012, 08:00 AM
A first tiger sighting, as said by many, is truly a memorable experience. What makes this even more special is sighting the big cats in the South Indian Jungles, which is a lot more difficult . . . . Your patience has certainly paid off and congrats. Not many would have opted to stay put in a vehicle for that long, for the natural tendency is to look through the maximum area possible inside the jungles, within short time frames.

Thanks for sharing

regards
Rajan