PDA

View Full Version : One more from the Egret shoot!!!

Murugan Anantharaman
12-08-2012, 05:29 PM
It started raining heavily as I was clicking the egrets. I had to hold the umbrella with one hand and try to focus and click with the other hand resting the camera on my knee.Was interesting though :).

Still getting used to the new camera. However, I noticed that when I switch to shutter mode and increase the shutter speed for the same ISO(as in aperture mode) my images would get darker. Any ideas how to manage this without increasing the ISO?

Nikon D7000,f/5.6,SS 1/320,ISO 800,300mm. Cropped a bit to exclude a few out of focus egrets.

Kashinath Negalurmath
13-08-2012, 10:18 AM
SUPERB shot

Saktipada Panigrahi
13-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Nice walking pose with incredible wingspread.Other three in the background are in different poses.Together the composition looks like a nature photograph.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
13-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Nice pose Murugan. Reminds of a tribal dance around a fire.tough scene to expose properly.

TFS
Roopak

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
13-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Nice scene.Lower angle,if possible, would have made it look better.Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-08-2012, 05:14 PM
The amount of light remaining constant, whether you use Shutter Priority or Aperture priority mode, the ratio of shutter speed and aperture remains constant (assuming ISO remains unchanged).

So if in a scene if you are using Aperture priority and selecting an aperture of f5.6 and getting a shutter speed of 1/320, then if you shift to Shutter priority and select 1/320 as the shutter speed, the aperture should read f5.6.

If you want to increase the shutter speed to say 1/640, then the aperture has to be f4. Since the lens has its widest aperture as f5.6, so you need to increase ISO (double it).

If you keep the ISO unchanged and are increasing the shutter speed, then the amount o flight passing through the lens is less. The camera should give a warning by blinking. Not sure about your Nikon cameras. If you ignore the warnings and click, the images should appear dark.

Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
13-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi. I will increase the ISO and check. My only concern then might be the noise out of a high ISO but will check and see the results. I was wondering, I tried something similar with water from my tap and got the same results but when I enabled the flash the results were lovely. So I guess it is indeed the ISO. And yes, there is a 'hi/lo' indicator warning in Nikon too :).Thanks again.

And BTW your C&C on the image posted?? :)