PDA

View Full Version : Like a human - do monkeys contemplate?

Kaustuv Chatterjee
15-08-2012, 08:39 PM
The picture says it all. Early morning, sitting on a cottage roof, beside the Dudhwa forest entry gate.
Nikon D 90, Nikkor 70-300mm, ISO 640, 280mm, 1/80s - F/5.6

Mrudul Godbole
15-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Nice pose captured. I liked the look in the eyes. Wish the light was better for a higher shutter speed. Thinking if an off-centered composition would have worked here. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
16-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Nice pose and expression in the eyes captured.Fine details.Beautiful caption too.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S:Bhai Kaustuv,
In Dudhwa, during October-November large herds of elephants (27 in one herd) were seen a few years back.Do they go back to Nepal during summer, what was your observation during your recent visit ?
Kind regards,
SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
16-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Cute baby. Monkeys may be contemplating, as they do have intelligence levels and display many coordinated movements along with other members of their groups.

I have seen some monkey's possessing far greater level of intelligence than some of the people we interact in our day to day lives. Though we consider ourselves superior than all other species, however, it is not the case.

Sabyasachi

Kaustuv Chatterjee
19-08-2012, 09:35 AM
:) nice observation Sabyasachi, completely second that!

Shaktida, the elephants I sighted this time there ( will upload today), were also 28 in number. I was told that they were part of a larger herd of around 40, that had recently come from Chitwan in Nepal. Yes I think it may be the same herd who migrate annually between the 2 parks.

Regards

Saajan Jogia
19-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Looks Very cute! Love the eye contact, Innocence well captured. Thanks for sharing :)
Haha well said sabyasachi, I agree too :)

Murugan Anantharaman
20-08-2012, 10:11 AM
After all monkey/apes have been our ancestors, so its no surprise that many humans exhibit lower intelligence. Though its purely because such humans have unfortunately not been retained in the ape world :).

I like the image of the little monkey. The bg also looks nice. Wish it had perched on a tree. Thanks for sharing.

Suraj Sreedhar
25-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Nice image,loved the innocent look:001_smile:
TFS