PDA

View Full Version : Droplets on White Periwinkle

Vijay Rajan
17-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Shot this White Periwinkle on a rainy day at SGNP Mumbai.

In India, the periwinkle has been traditionally used to treat wasp stings while in Hawaii, boiled periwinkle has been used to create a treatment for external bleeding. In Central America and some parts of South America the periwinkle is used as a gargle to ease sore throats and chest conditions. Cuba, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and other Caribbean islands have traditionally used periwinkle as a treatment for eye conditions. Majority of these countries continue to use periwinkle for these ailments today. This is intended for informational purposes only. Always consult a professional when taking any supplement or herb.

Canon EOS 550 D, Canon EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, Aperture Priority, FL 55 mm, Av 5.6, the gentle breeze warranted a Tv of 1/250, ISO 200, Evaluative Metering, EC +1/3, Uncropped, Full Frame. C & C welcome.

Mrudul Godbole
17-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Lovely details. The whites are well exposed. The water droplets add to the composition. Thanks for sharing the detailed information.

Vijay Rajan
18-08-2012, 10:13 AM
I must admit, although I did have the temptation to erase the bud in PP (below the subject), which is perhaps a bit of a distraction, sanity prevailed and I refrained from doing so. I guess nature is at it's best when left untouched !

Thanks for your kind comments Mrudul Ji.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Nice one. I think the sharpening can be reduced a bit. I was under the impression that this is a flowering plant and is not native to India. However, I must agree that I have forgotten my botany, as much I have forgotten my engineering courses. :)