PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Cubs

Sucheth Lingachar
19-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Photographed At Tadoba Anderi Tiger Reserve,

It was very difficult situation to photograph these little 6 months cubs since there was so much of disturbance i am not able to focus and also i can't move my vehicle either front or back bcoz it was jammed because of vehicles.

Nikon D3100, F8, 1/250, ISO 200, 300mm

Mrudul Godbole
20-08-2012, 10:15 AM
I can understand the mad rush it would have been there with everybody wanting to see the cubs. I have experienced similar rush in Bandhavgarh. It becomes quite hard to photograph with gypsy's moving about, the real pleasure of sighting a tiger is gone :(. Good you could get the cub on left in the clear. Maybe you could have used a wider aperture, with a higher shutter speed to get more details. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
20-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Nice image of the cubs Sucheth. Agree with Mrudul's comments. I have heard of the mad rush and seen it also in Kanha and Bandhavgarh though not while spotting a tiger but outside the gates before the entry. It can get quite frustrating and am sure instead of getting a jungle feel the feeling would have been more like a zoo :(. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Nice sighting. Tough situation as there was vegetation between you and the cubs. Unfortunately, the tourism has grown exponentially and it has become a kind of free for all. Together with the howling tourists, the images of tigers in the cement water tanks and other man made cement structures give a feeling of zoo. Sad indeed.