PDA

View Full Version : Gajagamini - Tribute to MF Hussain :)

Sabyasachi Patra
21-08-2012, 10:49 AM
While examining all my elephant images and footage for creating a short film, I came across this image. I had shared it earlier. However, thought of sharing it again.

Normally images of animals or birds moving away doesn't work. However, when I saw this immediately I thought of clicking as it reminded me of the word Gajagamini in sanskrit.

400mm f2.8 L IS USM lens, 1/640, ISO 400.

Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
21-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I remember this image. Nice pose captured. The raised foot and the swaying tail adds to the composition. Surely it is very beautiful walk :). Thanks for sharing.

Suraj Sreedhar
21-08-2012, 01:52 PM
It is very difficult to get image of calf alone,as it always stays next to the mother.Where was the mothe.......?
Thanks for sharing

Saktipada Panigrahi
21-08-2012, 08:55 PM
The walking pose oblivious of the surroundngs looks nice.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Rajan Kanagasabai
22-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I can never forget this snap Sabyasachi, this was a great inspiration to me, i remember after this one, i tried many similar compositions like the one below, but am yet to get anywhere near to yours . . . will get there . . . one day.

regards
Rajan

Roopak Gangadharan
22-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Nice and different.

TFS
Roopak

Murugan Anantharaman
22-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I distinctly remember this image posted earlier Sabyasachi. Nice movement and pose. My daughter has been watching a lot of 'Jungle Book' nowadays, there's a scene wherein the 'Colonel' elephant retired from the Indian Army takes his team for a march. Quite a similar scene :). Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
23-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks Sabyaji in inspring us to post backward looking pics.Here is a "Gajagaman" from my side.This was at Tholpetty last Dec.

Your pic is very nice and the surroundings also looks inspiring.

Regards

Manasi Chaphalkar
24-08-2012, 12:02 AM
The image has worked..apt title..lovely..the walking away adds to the image..why are ur images always perfect? :)
tfs

Regards
Manasi C

Bibhav Behera
24-08-2012, 04:41 PM
I remember this scene. We were clicking this pair from far away. I was clicking away with your 28-135 :-)

Sabyasachi Patra
24-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Manasi,
Though I like this image for some unknown reason, I am really bowled over to hear the word "perfect". Except God, can anyone else be perfect? I feel this is lifelong learning.

Bibhav,
I remember that trip. Your initiation into wildlife photography. Nice trip it was, with elephants and also a tiger sighting. :)

Sabyasachi Patra
24-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Rajan,
You have clicked your image in Kabini in front of bamboo bushes. A clean and well diffused background and less distracting elements will bring focus to the elephant here.

Murugan,
I think kids with their vivid imaginations will have lot of interpretations watching these images.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi