PDA

View Full Version : Taking off

Mrudul Godbole
21-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Photographed this on the way back from Kabini during IndiaWilds meet. It was quite far away on the other side of the pond. I was using 400 2.8 (thanks to Sabyasachi) which was fixed on a tripod, so was not able to move. Wish I had been more on the left.

Canon 50D, Canon 400 f2.8 lens, 1/800, ISO 400, f8, cropped 15%

Comments and critiques welcome..

Sabyasachi Patra
21-08-2012, 06:00 PM
The wingspread is nice. Slight head turn would have resulted in nice eye contact. I remember you were clicking from the place I had placed the tripod.

The 400 f2.8 lens is 5.3 kgs. The tripod (Sachtler) is around 3.5kgs (along with the spreader). The fluid head that is attached on top of the tripod is 4 kgs. Though I moved ahead when Hymakar called me, I didn't realise that you were grounded to one spot due to the heavy equipment. :) Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
21-08-2012, 08:20 PM
The wingspread is good.But, in my view,the functioning of thigh, tarsus and toes while taking off has been beautifully documented.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
22-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Nice image of the egret taking off. The wingspread is nice and so is the movement of its legs. The shape of its neck is also nicely seen here. I guess such heavy tripods and accessories need wheels for movement :).Thanks for sharing.