PDA

View Full Version : Little cormorant with fish

Atul Sinai
22-08-2012, 09:11 PM
This was captured along the coast of river Mula. Little Cormorants catch fish in water and come to the water surface to eat it. This one had just popped its head out of water with the fish.

Please critique !

Canon 7D. 400mm f5.6
Manual Exposure
Auto Focus
Manual metering
Shutter Speed 1/1000
Aperture 5.6
ISO 400
Focal Length 400mm
Cropped by 33%
Handheld

Thanks!

Regards,
Atul

Mrudul Godbole
23-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Nice to see it with a catch. The light seems to be harsh and the blacks have got underexposed. Had you given a +ve EC? Thanks for sharing.

Atul Sinai
23-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks Mrudul. Had overexposed on this occasion but was also shooting against the light. I was bit concerned about the possibility of the fish being blown off.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Black bird, bright fish and against light. It is a tough combination to expose. I think the fish is still overexposed. When any animal or bird is in water, the wet feathers/hair play havoc with exposure. I remember many years back, I had a series of tiger images with overexposed portions and I couldn't forgive myself for that. :)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabyasachi Patra
23-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Black bird, bright fish and against light. It is a tough combination to expose. I think the fish is still overexposed. When any animal or bird is in water, the wet feathers/hair play havoc with exposure. I remember many years back, I had a series of tiger images with overexposed portions and I couldn't forgive myself for that. :)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi