PDA

View Full Version : Woolly Necked Stork

Arup Banerji
24-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Taken this August in Bharatpur.

Taken in the first week of August 2012.

Mrudul Godbole
24-08-2012, 12:07 PM
The symmetry with three storks looks nice. I feel one on the left is too close to the left frame. If this is a crop, having some more space on the left would be good. Else you could have tried composing with only the two birds on the right. Please post the equipment (camera, lens) details and the EXIF details (ISO, aperture, shutter speed) to help in commenting. Thanks for sharing.

P.S - How was the sighting in august in Bharatpur?

Arup Banerji
24-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Yes, cropped to avoid foliage. Canon D1100. Tamron 100-300 mm. ISO 800 250th/8.
Saw a pair of Blacknecked, Openbill, Woolly Necked and Painted Storks which were just arriving. A pair of Sarus Cranes. Blackheaded Ibis. Rest were the regular waders herons, egrets, cormorants, bitterns etc. A few Pygmy Cottons and Whistling Teals. Hornbills, Nighjars.
What impressed me was the irrigation of the Ghana with the waters from the Chambal river. This should help the migratory birds in winter come in huge numbers hopefully.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Good to see this. Many parts of Rajasthan is having rains. I am sure there will be lot of water and more birds this year in Bharatpur. Unless there is lot of water, Bharatpur will soon be lost. Will drive down to Bharatpur some time later. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi