PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Pied Kingfisher

Arup Banerji
25-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Bharatpur. August 2012.

Mrudul Godbole
25-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Nice to see a pair of pied kingfishers. The calling pose is nice. Some noise in the background maybe due to the crop. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-08-2012, 07:50 PM
When I saw black and white I thought that perhaps this is from the black and white era. Nice to see these two pied kingfishers at one place. I am sure nest building activity of many birds would have started now.

Did you click this in low light in high ISO? A higher shutter speed, if possible, would have helped in arresting subject movement? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
25-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Though its a black and white bird, wish it was in color :). Agree about the noise. Thanks for sharing.

Arup Banerji
26-08-2012, 12:02 PM
I had ghastly weather and light conditions for those two and a half days that I spent there. The pair were pretty sedentary and gave me enough time to shoot but I was shooting with a high ISO setting.

In the B&W era- I've seen B&W subjects seem to get enhanced and the beauty is something to be admired in B&W. Anyway, here's one in colour for you.

AB.

Arup Banerji
26-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Sadly, you guys have lost the appreciation of B&W. Textures are show up far better.

Murugan Anantharaman
26-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Arupda, I perfectly agree with you, I still cannot appreciate the power of B&W. I am way too amazed at the colors nature has to offer as compared to seeing the same in B&W. But in no way do I disrepect the B&W form of photography. Its just that I have not yet been so convinced about B&W images. However, I am a big time sucker for B&W movies though :).

Arup Banerji
27-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Lol............ good on you.