PDA

View Full Version : Wild elephants in Dudhwa

Kaustuv Chatterjee
26-08-2012, 07:37 PM
These were part of a large herd of 28 animals that had come down from Chitwan national park in Nepal.
Shot at 300mm, ISO 320, 1/320s - F/8, -0.3EV with the Nikon D90 and 70-300mm lens

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Nice to see the elephant herd in Dudhwa.The image in the Terai Arc landscape look so beautiful.
Migration of elephants has been taking place since time immemorial. I recollect these elephants became residents of Dudhwa for about one decade during 80's or early 90's when there was rampant destruction of forests in Nepal.
In May,2004, my son took a film image of 27 elephants in one frame in low light. I am delighted to see these elephants again through you in 2012."The same tradition is continuing."
Suklaphanta T.R.( a very few tigers left now) and Bardia WL Reserve are located just opposite to Dudhwa in Nepal. Migration takes place from there too.
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
27-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Nice environment photograph. It becomes a bit difficult to compose when it is a herd. I think moving the camera a bit more to the left to include the head of the elephant on the left edge would have been good. That way you could have avoided including the elephant in the back. Look forward to more from Dudhwa. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Nice to see these elephants from Dudhwa. They are virtually hidden in the tall grass. Without the elephant on the left, the scene would have looked even better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Suraj Sreedhar
07-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Nice image,habitat looks nice.
TFS