28-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Golden Langoor taken at kokrazhar , Assam
Nikon D300/Nikon 600MM/ISO 200

This species is under great threat of getiing extinct. 3000 remaining

C & C Welcome

Harshad

Bibhav Behera
28-05-2009, 01:31 PM
I love the pose... good eye contact... A small part has been burnt near the right side (armpit area).. That can be recovered in PP...
TFS .. lovely image...

Kiran Khanzode
28-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Beauty, one of the best of this species that I have seen. You exposed the eyes so well. It's tough for this species, a little less tougher than the Hanuman Langurs whose skulls/eye sockets are shaped a bit differently, the eyes almost always get no light. Agree with the poster above ...about the bright spot on the chest....did you not use the "recovery" slider ?

Thx for sharing, too good !

Harshad Barve
28-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Kiran

Processed in PICASA :mad:

will process this now with your tips:)

Harshad

Kiran Ghadge
28-05-2009, 02:12 PM
lovely image... the leaves in foreground adds to it....

Mayank Kohli
28-05-2009, 02:18 PM
harshad,
a really beautiful shot..coupled with tht population info it has a captivating charm about it...as if the langur is sad and looking on in vain as we destruct its home..
what beautiful eye contact and pose..i love its gentle yet firm grasp on the branch too..i cant take my eyes away..
thanks so much for sharing!

Sabyasachi Patra
28-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Harshad,
Good one. Lovely eyes. Face nicely exposed. Agree with Bibhav and Kiran regarding the bright patch. You can recover it. I have no idea about Picassa though. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
28-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Harshad,

An excellent image, very powerful eye contact. TFS!

Apana

Ranbir Mahapatra
29-05-2009, 03:12 PM
It's tough for this species, a little less tougher than the Hanuman Langurs whose skulls/eye sockets are shaped a bit differently, the eyes almost always get no light.
!

Good one Harshad!
The leaves in the foreground do frame the subject well. The countenance does look meditative...perhaps its wondering about the fate of its species:(

One primary cause for the declining numbers is human encroachment (yet again). Which brings me to the enormity of conserving wildlife. Is the solution draconian laws or its water tight implementation or is it more social? And how effectively can it be done in India?

Till that time, my fervent prayers are with the golden langur and its survival!

Agree about the glare. It takes away some impact from an otherwise fine image.

:eek:Folks. Picasa, Windows Live Picture Gallery are great image editing applications for our family album (munna, munni, wife / better half) tweaking. Its definitely not recommended for high res wildlife images. Painshop pro, Adobe Elements are sub $60 apps and are decent enough. Time to invest in a professional image editing app soon folks.