28-05-2009, 01:47 PM
This picture i shot vertically.
Canon 50D
28-300 IS USM
Shutter speed 1/500
Aperture 7.1
Exposure +2/3
ISO 1600
i have to use high ISO because it was cloudy in the morning and poor light.
critics welcome

Ramesh

AB Apana
28-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi Reddy,

The 50D crams a lot more pixels on to the same APS-C size sensor. There is too much noise in this image. ISO 1600 is unnecessary here. ISO 400 would have given you 1/125 of a second, which is fine for the lens in question. Even ISO 200 or ISO 100 would have been handholdable with this lens. (Even allowing for the + 2/3 stop that you added).

Apana

Mrudul Godbole
28-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi,

Agree with Apana about the ISO. Is it a crop? You can try for an off-centre composition, that will enhance the image further.

Look forward to more..

Sabyasachi Patra
28-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Ramesh,
I like the mood. Nice pose. However, I agree that you could have used a lower ISO. ISO 400 would have been easy to handle. Which software are you using for processing?
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kiran Ghadge
29-05-2009, 10:43 AM
thats nice image, usually the highlight are blown, you did nice job.

GSR Reddy
29-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi Reddy,

The 50D crams a lot more pixels on to the same APS-C size sensor. There is too much noise in this image. ISO 1600 is unnecessary here. ISO 400 would have given you 1/125 of a second, which is fine for the lens in question. Even ISO 200 or ISO 100 would have been handholdable with this lens. (Even allowing for the + 2/3 stop that you added).

Apana

Hi Apana,
Thank u very much for ur suggestion, will try in my next trip.
Ramesh

GSR Reddy
29-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi,

Agree with Apana about the ISO. Is it a crop? You can try for an off-centre composition, that will enhance the image further.

Look forward to more..

Hi Mrudul,

Its a full frame image. i will note ur suggestion. thanks a lot.

Ramesh

GSR Reddy
29-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Ramesh,
I like the mood. Nice pose. However, I agree that you could have used a lower ISO. ISO 400 would have been easy to handle. Which software are you using for processing?
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Thanks for ur suggestion sabyasachi, i will take care next time. Wildlife photography is my hobby since 1980s. My friends are Krishna Narain, Prakash Kadur, unfortunately who is not with us today, Vishnu Narain elder brother of KN has a farm adjacent to Bannergatta National Park and dedicates his entire time protecting the wildlife and forest. Gautam who has from below BR Hills and also a vivid wildlife entuatist. We had formed Willife Conservative Society way back in the 90s and did some constructive work to protect wildlife and forests with the co-operation of forest officials and government. unfortunately, after the demise of KN and Kadur, none of us could take active part. Now i am trying whatever best i could do to protect these wonderful wildlife and nature.

By the way i download the images from the camera on Digital Photo Professional, edit on Image Browser if necessary and upload.

I am very happy for you becuase you are showing so much of interest in protecting wildlife and conserving our pristine forests. I wish u all success and will be a support to at all times.

Ramesh

GSR Reddy
29-05-2009, 11:37 AM
thats nice image, usually the highlight are blown, you did nice job.

Thank u kiran.

Ramesh