PDA

View Full Version : Leopard/Kabini#2

Praveen Siddannavar
05-09-2012, 09:25 AM
This guy was seen marking his territory by scraping the ground with his hind legs.

Camera - Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, 500mm lens
Av 4
Tv 1/1250
ISO 800
Focal length 500mm
Cropped
Support from roof top
Date and Time : 30th June'12 @ 8:38am
Rajiv Gandhi National Park (Kabini)

Mrudul Godbole
05-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Nice behavior captured. I liked the pose with the tail in the air. Is the AF point on the body? Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
05-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Lovely image of the leopard Praveen. This pose exhibits power, looks really strong from this angle (am sure it would be too). The long tail also is a highlight here. Seems quite dry, werent there any rains then? Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-09-2012, 05:40 AM
Nice image, agile look. Raised tail, possibly alarmed, looks beautiful.The image gives us a feel that 'pound by pound it is the strongest predator in the Indian jungle'.
Kabini is known for its leopards.They move within a limited range.There is presence of tigers too. A leopard will never want that its presence to be known to the tiger.
Spitting and hissing are leopard's natural way of expression of resentment. I think, it may either be covering something or it is another way of expression of resentment.
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
10-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Leopard is one of the most beautiful predators in the Indian jungles. They had the ability to survive on a frugal diet and manage to hide and live in scarce vegetation. Unfortunately, they are being wiped out by insensitive people. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kaustuv Chatterjee
11-09-2012, 08:31 AM
A dramatic picture indeed with the raised tail like a whiplash! What a beautiful animal and very well captured...the detail is quite good. Am yet to see one in the wild and every time I see a picture like this, grow restless!

Praveen Siddannavar
11-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys for the comments, the rains weren't normal this year and Kabini too was a bit dry this monsoons.

Kaustuv Chatterjee - Once the ban on tiger reserves is revoked, do visit Kabini you will surely see a Leopard. By far Kabini (Nagarahole Forest) is the best place to spot Leopards.