View Full Version : Sambar Deer

Kiran Ghadge
29-05-2009, 12:46 PM
bandhavgarh.
Canon 50d + Canon 100-400 at 350mm
1/400sec F5.6, ISO200

Ranbir Mahapatra
29-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Whoever said that only Tiger's have screen presence got to be joking! :-)

This shot of the Sambhar is definitely amongst the top shots posted on our forums. I am obviously wondering at what time it was shot (divine lighting!!). PP work done if any adds to the image.

The use of 5.6 is apt. I am especially impressed with the far BG, where the open grassland stops and the woods begin. Good that you included that in your composition. And ofcourse, the golden grass land perfectly blends into the near golden coat of the sambhar. I have a feeling it just came out of a water hole. The light glistening on its coat is brilliant.

This image also tells me how well a tiger could blend into this kind of a grassland! Some of my friends have aruged about how the tiger sticks out with its bold stripes on yellow coat. They should look at this image!

Great shot Kiran!

Kiran Khanzode
29-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Indeed, a very lovely portrait. But the frame is too tight for me...You could have gone down by 50 mm , to 300....maybe. But, I love the colors, the light.

Harshad Barve
29-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Ditto Kiran

TFS, Harshad

Sabyasachi Patra
29-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Kiran,
Did you try a vertical composition of this scene. In this scene I would have liked a bit more room on top. If we crop the legs then it is better to crop at the joints. Overall a nice scene. Looks as if the Sambar is just jumping out of the scene. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
01-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Agree about the tightness of the frame, it would be great if you had a vertical.

Apana