PDA

View Full Version : Ibex

Subhajit Chaudhuri
10-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Found few himalayan Ibex just beside SH-30, near Giu village cut, after Sumdo ( Dist : Lahaul & Spiti , HP).

Mrudul Godbole
10-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Nice environmental composition. Liked the habitat displayed. Shows how sure footed this species is. Do post the equipment and EXIF details. Thanks for sharing.

Subhajit Chaudhuri
10-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Nice environmental composition. Liked the habitat displayed. Shows how sure footed this species is. Do post the equipment and EXIF details. Thanks for sharing.

Light was poor as sky was overcast in the evening and it was threatening to rain in the hills,and the place was in a shadow region. I used my compact DSC-H9 and EXIF data :f 4.5, speed 1/125, ISO 200.

Murugan Anantharaman
10-09-2012, 11:37 AM
The habitat is nicely captured here. Its amazing where these animals can climb, one can see them in most unlikely areas of mountains and cliffs. Thanks for sharing.

Subhajit Chaudhuri
10-09-2012, 11:41 AM
It's their amazing adapatability - they can climb down so fast, you may not believe. I captured the moment in camcorder too. I remember in the BBC documentary "himalayas" , they escaped a snow leopard ambush and was not so lucky this time to get snow leopard but found these.

Roopak Gangadharan
10-09-2012, 12:44 PM
nice image shubajit. these look like Bharal (Pseudois nayaur) to me....

TFS
Roopak

Subhajit Chaudhuri
10-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Hi Roopak, you made me confuse:D. When I initially spotted these I thought it to be bharal. But locals & my driver insisted that those are ibex, immature ones. Now another look at my snaps, probably you are right!!

Sabyasachi Patra
10-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Good to see these. I guess it is a large crop. It is always exciting to watch these bharals which were much more abundant then they are at this point of time. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi