PDA

View Full Version : Verditer Flycatcher/Binsar

Praveen Siddannavar
11-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Shot this beautiful bird while driving to Binsar in Uttaranchal. Some info on Verditer Flycatcher - This is an Old World flycatcher found in the Indian subcontinent, especially in the Lower Himalaya. It is named after its distinctive shade of copper-sulphate blue and has a dark patch between the eyes and above the bill base. The adult males are intense blue on all areas of the body, except for the black eye-patch and grey vent. Adult females and sub-adults are lighter blue. They are also interesting among the flycatchers in that they forage above the canopy level and perching on electric wires or exposed tree top branches.

Camera - Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon 100-400mm lens
Av 8
Tv 1/320
ISO 400
EC +0.3
Focal length 400mm
Cropped
Handheld
Date and Time : 10th April'12 @ 1:39pm
Binsar, Uttaranchal

Roopak Gangadharan
11-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Nice eye contact. Eye level wud been great. Noise seems high for ISO 400.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
11-09-2012, 09:08 PM
The blue colour is striking. Nice perch and good eye contact. I agree there seems to be some noise, was any sharpening done? Sometimes due to sharpening, the noise in the background gets enhanced. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Beautiful bird with nice eye contact. It seems the lower branch and the rest of the background is blurred during post processing. Wish to see the habitat in focus as well. That will really enhance this image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
14-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Lovely bird and very nice colors. Reminds me of the blue jackal story ( I read out to my daughter nowadays :)). The bird looks dipped in ink :). Agree about the slight noise. Thanks for sharing.